Monday, October 18, 2010

Cobra Commander is sort of the best. Ever.

This is my extremely late entry to the sketch-2-death activity that me and some friends have been doing for quite awhile now. Here's a link to the blog, definitely worth checking them out, and their respective blogs. Talented folks, indeed. (LINK)

The theme this time was Childhood Memory. I was going to choose something more activity-ish like nerf or losing my shoe in the woods, but every time I thought of the words I just got a mental picture of this guy.

I had some fun with techniques on this one if you couldn't tell, it's still 100% photoshop start to finish, but there is a lot of textures, adjustment layers, and other stuff at work here. Many of the layers just plain got covered up. Just sort of had fun with it.

3 comments:

Lunchbox said...

Nice!

Finn Clark said...

Nice work! I think that playing around with textures and layer effects etc. is one of the most liberating ways of working. Loving the previous posts too, especially the Techno Bounty Hunter one. Can't wait to see how that turns out! I tend to rely on grayscale a lot too, but its coming along really nicely.

Unknown said...

oh mai gawd m. puncekar, GGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWDDDDDDD, you have sincerely done justice to one of the most iconic bad guys of our generation/childhood. I want to steal your hands, or, talent, whichever is easist to take!
beautiful!