Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Undertaker Value/Color Study

Could you imagine my luck, for me to get undertaker as an assignment to illustrate for Professional Practices? Although I almost ended up with Florist. Did this tonight for approval from Groff, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The major problems can all be fixed once I actually get down into the drawing portion of the final.

I was taking screengrabs as I went along, so I made a strip out of them for your viewing pleasure, for all those extra curious ones out there.

This is still really early on in this process, so now is the time to make suggestions if you have any.


5 comments:

Jeffrey Lai said...

very nice topic!
kinda looks like hes shepherding the dead, as well as them being mourners.
will be nice to see how this develops!

Oscar Woodruff said...

very cool.

Mike Puncekar said...

Thanks guys.

Glad that communicated well enough Mr. Lai. I got a bit worried that they would look too ordinary, and it would become a crowded street.

ernesto said...

hey there... this looks awesome. i love the composition.
can wait to see the finished

Cassandra Cappello said...

All i can say is that i love you for creating this! This is awesome


This reminds me of From Hell ( one of my favs! lol ) i want a print!!!!