Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Do not ever buy...

Black Cat India Ink from Dick Blick. It's crap and it's screwing my black and white inks badly. Worst ink I've ever used in my entire life. Goes down like black watercolor. I can't believe it actually is even labeled ink on the bottle. 


Don't let the glass bottle fool you into thinking it's high end, especially with the HIGHER price tag. I feel like I've committed a sin by using this poor excuse for pigment.

Anyway... warning aide.. will have some fun stuff to post tommorrow... even my extremely poor black and white. Can't believe I'm going to turn this in.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you shake it to make sure the pigment was evenly dispersed in the binder? I've heard good stuff about that ink before... maybe you got a bad unit?

What brand do you usually use?

Mike Puncekar said...

Shook it and even stirred it. The ink doesn't even look black. It looks like charcoal grey. Too much alcohol in it, like they were cutting costs.

Pretty crap situation it put me in as last night it was my only option.

Jack C. Gregory said...

try leaving the cap off of it for the night. I have read that some people who do pen and ink work leave the cap off because some of the excess water drys out.

Mike Puncekar said...

I left the lid open last night actually, alas, it didn't change... I really think I got a bad bottle.

'turff said...

you always were a talented little shit...keep it a-goin'

Lance said...

Hi, great reading your post